Monday, December 12, 2011

Weekend Round-Up!

I hope you all had a great weekend! I sure did, spent a lot of time with my 2 favorite guys and a little bit of time with the girls, couldn't have been better!



Friday I hosted a "Favorite Things" party, It's kind of like Oprah's favorite things show, but not!ha!



I invited 8 ladies and had them bring 7 of their most used or favorite thing/item/product.
We had quite the assortment and it was really a lot of fun! I had us play some games and we ate snacks of course and got to catch up. It was nice and different than your run of the meal dirty santa party. I am planning on doing it again next year!



My view from my spot on the couch, Love my tree!

Also my new Tano came in this weekend, it is the "Shopper" style I am usually a "Boogie Bucket" girl but thought I'd try something new :) I love the mix of black and brown, I have a real phobia of wearing black and brown together but this bag is gorgeous and I think I could get out of that mind set! ha!




I got gifted some old mason jars so I washed them up this weekend, I just love mason jars can't wait to do something with these.




Saturday we got all bundled up to go ride the train at the park, well I guess everyone in the tri-county had the same idea because when we got there the line was all the way though the park! It would have been at least a 3 hour wait I could not believe it so we went and did the next best thing Chick-fil-a and Toys r us! Lucas went to sleep on the way home he was so worn out!


Sunday we cleaned out the garage so I can park my new baby in out of the cold ;)


We also did a ton of eating this weekend, o my word! I am fattening us up big time but I made the best potato soup EVER! And it was so easy!


Potato Soup

8 potatoes

2 cups chicken broth

2 cups water

1 onion

salt

pepper

3 tablespoons of minced garlic

1/2 block of cream cheese

and some seasoning salt


Peel and cube your potatoes and put them in the crockpot with your water, broth, cut up onion, garlic, pepper, salt, and seasoning salt. Let all that cook on low for ehhh 6 to 8 hours.

Then I took my hand mixer and kind of pureed the mixture and added the cream cheese. Let it cook down for about 30 minutes and your done!

SO GOOD!

We garnished with bacon crumbles and cheese.


Have a great week!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I seriously would love to have a Favorite Things party, I think it would be so much fun! And the potato soup sounds delicious too, bet my husband would love it.