Tuesday, February 18, 2014

A Post but No Pictures....

I had two friends tell me yesterday that I hadn't blogged in a while, so I thought I'd come out of hiding! kidding :)

Things are going well! Lots going on. I feel like most days I am running crazy only to realize I got only half of what I needed to done that day. But don't we all!

Brent went to work in Pennsylvania for three weeks, he came home on the 2nd and I haven't been that happy to see him in a long time! lol Mama was exhausted!
Speaking of exhaustion, baby Lane is growing big and wearing me out already. We turn 34 weeks on Friday! We got his birthday set last week and if he doesn't get in a hurry to get out he will be here on April 4th! I am super excited to meet him and start this new chapter in our lives.

His nursery is mostly done. I have a few odds and ends to gather but it turned out exactly like I had envisioned it. I am pretty proud of it :)

Lucas turns five in a week. FIVE! Yes! I am hoping these next few days drag by. How can I have a five year old!? His party is on Thursday evening at the Monkey House (his choice) and we all could not be more excited about that. We invited all his friends from school and all his other friends and he's excited to see everyone and play. Next week on his actual day we will have family over for dinner and carrot cake, his favorite.

Lucas is getting very ready to meet baby brother. He asks everyday after school "how's baby Lane doing" he talks to him everyday and has been gathering up "baby" toys to fill his room. He told Brent he wanted to make a window from his room to Lane's so they could see each other and he is convinced we will be putting a little baby bed in his room because Lane will want to sleep with him. He tells me he will help me feed Lane, give him a bath and even change diapers. He already loves his brother so much I can't wait to see how he is once Lane is here. 

A few weeks ago I gave my resignation at work. I won't be returning once Lane is born. It was a hard decision although it was something we knew would happen. It just doesn't make sense financially for me to continue to work and I wanted to be home and in the same town as both of the boys. I couldn't fathom the thought of  Lucas being in Greenwood at school (kindergarten eeeek) and me being all the way downtown Fort Smith working. My job is a great one that I will probably miss some days but being at home is a dream come true so on the hard days I will have to remind myself of that.  
Lucas will 'graduate' from PreK in May and then stay home with Lane and I for the summer. He starts Kindergarten in August. I am really looking forward to summertime, it will be the first and last time Lucas is at home with me during the day. I am glad him and Lane will have lots of time to together before the hustle and bustle of school starts.

I started selling All'asta (previous post) six weeks ago. It has been going well and I now have three parties under my belt, I am learning a lot and having fun too! I absolutely LOVE the products and love the re-purposed feel of the whole experience. I am thankful for something to 'keep my brain going' while I am at home and for a way to chat with people and make a little income :)

I think I hit all the high points :) I have a TON of pictures I need to put up but that will have to wait until another day.





No comments: