Monday, July 16, 2012

Darn Dogs

Ok folks I am dealing with a serious issue. Well maybe this isn't serious to most but to me it really kinda is.
It's my dogs.
My sweet, loving, drive me crazy fur babies.
But wait I shouldn't say it like that because it really is only Cooper who drives me nuts. Chloe is and always will be an angel in my eyes ha! Although I think she does eg Cooper on some days.

Here is the thing, I love Cooper he is so very sweet and loves us and especially Lucas to pieces but he has turned out to be a lot of work. I know what did I expect with a new puppy and a 3 year old.
Last night I got the wild idea to put him up for "adoption" on a facebook page for pets. Well I didn't sleep a wink, I was up all night and I just wanted to go get him out of his crate and tell him I was so sorry.

I think I have mentioned this before but growing up mom taught me once an animal comes into your home you keep them, we NEVER got "rid" of animals and I honestly can't even stand that term. So Cooper would have been my first animal to part with like that.

When I got up this morning I took the post off the facebook page, I just can't do it.

With Brent's job he's out of town a lot, usually at least once a week but during the busy times it can be up to 3 times in one week! So all the house, pet, kid stuff falls on me and me only those days/nights and I am not going to lie it gets really overwhelming.

But the thought of one of my babies wondering what they did and why I don't want them anymore is more overwhelming than that.

So a new plan of action has occurred to me, I will spend more time with Cooper, keep taking him on his walks and rewarding him more with treats when he does good things. I am really going to have to make a conscious effort to do this but I will do my very best.

I guess what I am trying to say is I've come to my senses and I'm going to try and learn to take the bad with good.

Any advise on dealing with a full house?  Am I the only one who feels this way?





No comments: