Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Fun Summer Weekend!





We had another very low key weekend, it's just to hot to do anything around here! 106 on Saturday! Nuts!!




Friday Lucas want over to stay with Genia and my uncle again, this is getting to be a every week deal and we are all loving it! Genia spoils Lucas rotten so of course he loves spending time with her and everyday since Friday he has said "I go to Genia's" I have to say no not today maybe soon :) Brent and I went out to eat at Maria's, it's a Mexican place we used to eat at all. the. time. when we lived in Ft. Smith, it brings back so many good memories, you know like when we were young and carefree and didn't have any worries of the "real world". We had fun, ate dinner and did some shopping then went to get Lucas.




Saturday Lucas and I got up bright and early and headed to the grocery store to get ingredients to make an ice cream cake for a cookout we were going to that evening. Then we spent the rest of the day doing nothing, Brent watched t.v., I cleaned, and Lucas napped and played.




Ice Cream Cake!




At about 4:00 we headed to the cookout and it was HOT! It was with a new playgroup that Lucas and I joined and they were having a cookout for the whole family so the husbands and older siblings could come and play too! We had a great time and the girls were so nice! I can't wait to hang out with them more!




There was kiddie pool and sprinkler set up for the little ones. And there was a ton of good food! Like I said we all had fun! ha!







Ethan and Lucas in the pool.





Sunday we didn't do anything until 6:30 pm! We went and ate at Beef 'O' Brady's with Brent's parents then made a trip to Wally World! Lucas loves Wal-Mart especially when Daddy goes with us, he lets him get out of the cart and "play" with all the toys, mostly pushing all the buttons.





Let me just say that this kid is the love of my life and I seriously cannot wait to have a house full of little ones just like him!




Also I really appreciate the working mom's posts at Stafford Stories this week! I know a lot of

times for me it seems like all mom's in blog land are stay at home moms, it's refreshing to see women going through the same stuff I do on a daily basis and getting ideas from others too!




Have a great week!

No comments: