Thursday, September 15, 2011

Tidbits for Thursday!


  • I am in such a blogging slump right now, we've had a lot going on I don't know why I haven't felt like writing it down.



  • I have really jumped on the coupon-ing band wagon lately! I am having so much fun with it too! I am going to keep track of my spendings at the grocery store so I can see how much I am saving a month!



  • We are still on board with our healthy eating, Brent is down 10 pounds and I am down 6 as of yesterday! I have started substituting almond milk for regular milk when cooking it's cuts the calories like you wouldn't believe! But oddly enough it makes things spicier, a little strange but I can handle that! I also made us up some home made 100 calorie packs! ha! For 100 calories you can have 2 Kebler Fudge Striped cookies or 6 Kebler Vanilla Wafers (both bought with coupons! yes!)






  • Speaking of healthy eating this is not on the plan but I'm not looking to loose the weight Brent is so I still have treats! ha! Starbucks Via sounded like a great alternative to a frappe in the morning but it didn't taste that good to me, it was really strong, maybe next time I will add more water and try it iced.....



  • I also got my corrected Erin Condren planner this week! They messed up my first one and I was pretty aggravated but they fixed and shipped the new one right away so I was happy again! I am loving this thing!! The only thing I think will start to bother me is how heavy it is but maybe (hopefully) I will get used to it.




  • I've done well with not spending any un-necessary money. I went to the Kids Sale last Saturday with $50 and only ended up spending $37.50. I think I am really teaching my-self not to spend money. The only thing that comes to mind that I bought and we didn't need was a glass container at Wal-Mart (have you seen those Versa Glass containers from Zip-Lock? Pretty neat!) but I will say I had a coupon......ha! So as of today I have put $531 into our savings this month alone! The month is half way over and I am over half way to my goal! I will say I have a running list of what I "need" to get come October but it's not as big as you would think it would be, I have on there today -Luke jeans, hand soap and candles from Bath and Body, and a shirt for myself.



  • Another thing I will be spending money on in October is getting my hair lightened up! I've already made the appointment for October 3rd and I am so so excited!!



  • Brent and I have decided that next year about the first of September we are going to go to go on vacation to the beach! We don't know which one yet but I can't wait!! I know it's a year away but I don't care I am already looking forward to it!



  • We have a full weekend coming up that I am ready for too!


1 comment:

Jessica S. said...

Yay! for all those things!!! =D