Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Big Things!

We've had a lot going on in the Roper house lately! I am STILL trying to put together a Branson post but with pictures on 3 cameras, it's hard work! 


The biggest thing around here is Lucas has successfully slept in his own bed for 6 nights now! We replaced the mattress we had in his room, the old one was so wore out and old so we got him a new one that is very comfy and he doing so well! I will go in and lay with him until he falls asleep which has been taking about 45 minutes then I leave and he has been staying in his room anywhere from 3am to wake up time. Over the weekend he stayed in there asleep until 9 in the morning! I am so proud of him but also quite sad. He's slept with us since he was a baby and we sure miss him but we know this is what is best now.

Luke on his new big bed!



Another big thing, for me anyway is I got new tennis shoes! I haven't bought any new ones since I was in high school! I was walking in my high school shoes which is kinda cool but I knew if I wanted to start running I would need something a little better so here they are! Luke helped me pick them out can you tell?ha!



Just some pictures of my big boy! I can't believe how much he has grown just within the last 6 months. He is really loosing his baby-isms :(

New big boy shoes and pants. He calls these his basketball shoes :)

Eating yogurt with mommy last week after a great first week of school in his big boy class!

And last but certainly not least the kitchen reno!
Yes my friends I am asking myself what in the world did I get myself into! ha!
First up- the cabinets.
We took all the doors off stripped them clean then painted but we mistakenly put a coat of poly on, that is a no no when you are wanting white cabs. Needless to say it turned them yellow!

a mess!

So we sanded everything back down to the paint moved them to the paint booth and repainted this time no topcoat! I hope we are making the right decision on that.


Brent earning his keep, seriously this man is amazing!

Yes a lot of blood, sweat, and tears has been happening around here and I am not kidding but the doors are painted and drying and we still need to paint the frames in the house but so far the doors are drying beautifully!
We are smack dab in the middle of the kitchen reno and with this huge hiccup I am scared to say the least!ha!
Next we will install new counter tops and sink.
Then paint the upper walls (get rid of the green)
Last the tile back splash and floors.
The time line is Christmas, my timeline is Halloween ;)

Cabs after the coat of poly but before all the yellow took over :(

How does that old saying go? A couple who DIY's together.... O wait maybe that's something else! ha!

Hope you're having a great week, friends!

No comments: