- Thinking of my dear friend Desiree today as she goes in to surgery for her "lap band". I am very proud of her for making this decision for herself. Praying for a fast recovery!
- Also praying for my sweet cousins family, she passed away after a fall on Sunday. I know they are all heart broken and I cannot quit thinking about them. She was a lovely lady, mother and grandmother. I know they are facing the hardest days with this sudden loss. Her name is Lucy please, please keep them in your prayers.
- Brent told me yesterday at work a tool fell off the truck and fell onto him, knocked his hard hat off and it hit his arm. He said if he had not been wearing his hard hat (which he always does) it could have broke his neck. With all these recent "things" I cannot stop thinking about how amazingly precious life is and how it can come to an end so very quick. I have vowed to become a little more conscious of this and really try and change the way I am towards people. To be a little more understanding, softer, and to always give people the benefit of the doubt. I need to remember to be kind to my husband even when I don't want to and to be patient and loving with Lucas even when he is throwing fits and doing other not so nice things.
- Lucas had his 3 year old check-up yesterday! Doctor said he is extremely healthy and has a very impressive vocabulary. He is 37 inches tall and 31 pounds, he is in the 50th percentile. Besides the rock in the nose incident he hasn't been to the doctor in over a year! I know I am so blessed with a healthy boy and I could not be more proud of him!
- Cooper also had his 2nd puppy check-up and shots yesterday he weighs 11 and a half pounds now and is growing like a weed! My sweet little puppy is no more. Him and Luke love to wrestle, chase, and he is really into nipping whatever he comes into contact with!
On a lighter note....
- We finally found a patio/deck/outside table set! I am very excited to be able to eat and/or entertain outside, we have really enjoyed it so far!
- I colored my hair this weekend, back to my roots (literally) I loved the blonde but the up-keep just wasn't what I wanted right now. Pre-mommy time it wasn't a problem but being a busy mom it just didn't work. Too bad pre-mommy when I wanted to be blonde I was single and broke and now that I have the money I don't have the time, but isn't that how it goes! Makes me laugh....a little
I like how it turned out, not a soul has even noticed so it must be a gradual change but for summer I love the lighter pieces trying to peek though. I'll dye it again in about 6 weeks so it will get darker. The process may take a few more times but hoping for the end result will look something like this! I'll be workin on her tan too ;)
- We are seriously looking into a kitchen re-do, I am really liking the butcher block counter top! We finally decided to just go with a neutral tile in the kitchen, entry way, and bathrooms and do new carpet in the rest of the house (once Cooper is completely potty trained). I am kinda bummed we aren't doing hardwood but this isn't our forever home (I hope) and it would just cost way to much and then having to leave it would make me sick! Anywho we are now trying to
agreedecide on cabinets and counter tops.....
- Guess that will be it folks, hope you are having a good week!