Friday, October 21, 2011

Him and I {My side of the story}






On October 21st 2007 Brent and I had our first date. I will never forget where we went, what I wore, what he wore and almost exactly the events of the whole evening.


A little back ground info.....






A friend of mine (Ally) kept telling me about this great guy that I needed to meet I kept putting her off and putting her off. One evening she was having a house party and really wanted me to come, so another friend of mine and I went, and Brent was there. But so was a ton of other people and a lot of cigarette smoke, Brooke didn't want to stay because of the smoke so Brent and I were introduced and that was about it. I didn't think much about the whole deal, I will say I did notice the nice red mustang parked out front and remember saying to Brooke " I wonder who's car that is" But Brent and I didn't exchange numbers and if I'm being honest I didn't even think about him again after that night.




Well a few weeks pass and life goes on and I get a call from Ally saying she gave Brent my phone number and to be expecting a call from him. At first I was a little aggravated but Brent called and we scheduled a date for the next night, I thought what the heck.... a nice dinner.

Turns out Brent and Ally had ran into each other at Oktoberfest and Brent asked if he could have my number and if I was seeing anyone. Knowing me better than I knew myself she gave him my number.


It was a Sunday the first time we went out. I was not nervous and I didn't even remember what he looked like. But I got dressed up and all anyway.

He came to my door and I found out who's red mustang that was. I was intrigued.
We had a nice time at Friday's, we had a lot to talk about which really surprised me knowing our age difference. We went back to my house to talk a bit more. While we were there my old boyfriend decided to make an appearance, and I know by only the grace of God that Brent wanted to see me again after that.


We went on a few more dates and that next weekend we went on a weekend get away with some friends we had a really good time. I was pretty hooked.




But it was one ordinary day at work when my life changed. I was working at Dillard's Department Store at the time and he came in to tell me about his promotion. Once I saw him walking towards me that something hit me, fire inside of me, I fell in love with him right then and there, he was trying to tell me about his work stuff and I was trying so hard to focus and I just couldn't, I knew I wanted to be with him and only him.


The rest they say is history. We had a great time dating and were engaged within 10 months. Some say that is to short of an amount time but I always say when you know, you know.


I can't believe it has been 4 years ago, it doesn't seem possible. With all the hustle and bustle of being parents and having so many responsibilities it's so nice to remember those free and easy times. How special those times were for us and how when we are old-er and all of our kiddos have left the nest that we will be ok because we did fall in love and we love each other that will never change.


My life today is better than I could have ever imagined. I am so grateful that Brent is in my life and that he did not give up trying.





Brent Roper,

you mean so much to me I am so blessed to call you mine.

No comments: