Thursday, October 27, 2011

Tidbits for Thursday!



  • I really think I have found my new hobby, I am loving and learning so much on this coupon-ing ride! Last week I got a package of razors and the store paid me 3 cents!! I was ecstatic! And yesterday I saved $26 in coupons at the store for stuff that we needed! My final cost was $149.00, I know that sounds like a lot but that was buying fixings for 3 huge batches of chili to feed 20 people (meaning I bought 6 pounds of meat), also in that was a package of pull ups and a package of diapers and wipes, groceries for at lest the next week, and 5 pounds of apples to make applesauce (which is my other new found hobby, ha!) not to mention the 18 bars of soap, plus other bathroom supplies and lots of cleaning supplies! I hate to brag but I am getting SO good! We have coupon seminar coming to church this Saturday and I have rounded up about 4 other ladies to attend with me! The best part about all of this, is teaching others. I just love it! My biggest personal goal for coupon-ing right now is to get a stock pile of toiletries, cleaning supplies, diapers, and wipes so when/if I am able to stay home with our next baby/babies I won't have to go to the store for these items for 2 years, a little crazy? maybe but think of all the money you wouldn't spend if you only bought food.



  • Ok on to something else.... I think we have decided to jump on the bandwagon and for go cable t.v. hate to say it but I could not be happier about this! We spend way WAY to much on our cable bill and it drives me nuts, mostly because I never watch t.v., but we are going to start streaming our shows and look into Netflix and Brent wants to look into a box that pulls the "shows" out of the air waves, I guess like radio? But you buy the box and their isn't a monthly charge.



  • Lucas fell asleep like this on Monday night! Love the monkey socks! ha!






  • Tuesday night Ashley was over and we were getting ready to head out for our Mom's Night Out with the playgroup (which was a blast!!! I needed that) and Lucas sees a Chuck E. Cheese commercial and says "I can't play any games" (and he is so serious) I ask him why not and he says "cause I don't have any quarters yet" it was so cute and a little pitiful, I don't know where he gets this stuff so I told him when we got home last night that if he goes #2 on the potty every poo poo equals a quarter and when he gets 10 quarters we can go to Chuck E. Cheese and spend them. So we shall see where this goes. Ha!!


  • Lucas is also learning his days of the week and months of the year at school he comes home saying them. It truly amazes me that kids his age can learn this stuff and that he can pronounce September and all. I feel so blessed to be able to send him to GracePlace and that he will have a running start at kindergarten.



  • Loving this new fall trend! Socks peeking over boots, I ordered more socks last week hoping they get here soon! In the picture I have on some of Brent's, ha!







  • Brent has been working a ton of hours lately. When I say a ton I mean a ton, this weekend he worked for 36 hours one day (there isn't even 36 hours in a day!) and Monday he worked from 6 am to 11 pm. We miss him but we also know these times come and go. I do want to do something special for his birthday this year hopefully he can get off one day for that...




  • I am so excited that Halloween is less than a week away! I am loving all the Halloween movies playing on t.v. this week! Casper and Hocus Pocus are my all time favorites, brings me back a few years. I have to say Halloween might be my favorite holiday. It's just so fun, there isn't a lot of riff raf with it, ya know. We are having family and friends over for dinner Halloween night then we are taking the kiddos trick or treating together. I can't wait to see all the kids dressed up! Speaking of I have to finish Luke's costume asap!!






  • It's the oddest thing about my hair, I feel like I have never been any color but the color I am now, I just love it so much. I think Brent likes it too, he won't admit it though ;) What a good feeling to like the way your hair looks, that is something I have struggled with since becoming a mommy I feel very good at the place I am in with it now. Which I know sounds SO shallow but until one has been there they won't know what I am talking about. If I was asked today I think I would say that I will stay blonde forever, but we all know how that goes! I am most happy to have my side braid back I have felt lost without it! ha!






  • I think that is it guys! Wow I had a lot to say! ha! I hope you all have a very fun Halloween!!!




1 comment:

Jessica S. said...

love love LOVE that side braid!!! it's soooo cute! and the quarter thing CRACKS ME UP OH MY WORD! hilarious! =)