Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Perfect, I'm not......

In blogland I think we often find ourselves reading and looking at other ladies and familys with blinders, as in, they have it all together or she has the perfect family,body,house,what have you.
I do this a lot, sometimes I think if only I could do that...., then.....

So that got me to this post, to prove to myself and anyone else how so not perfect we really are.
I hope you do one of your own so I can see that I'm not the only one lacking some skills ;)
Enjoy!

  • I'm never going to be debt free.Sure I would love to have little to no bills but we enjoy nice things and those come at a price, we are young and just starting out, we make good decisions and never let it get out of control.
  • I'm not a jeans and t-shirt kind of girl. Jeans to me are uncomfortable I will almost always choose a long skirt or dress over jeans any day of the week!
  • I don't buy organic. I know it's terrible but I don't, not the dirty dozen, nothing. My town doesn't offer a whole lot organic at the chain stores where I shop and it's usually priced a lot higher if they do.
  • I don't watch the Bachelor, Dancing with the Stars, or American Idol. I just can't get into shows like that.
  • I'm never going to be "finished" decorating my house. I've always enjoyed moving things around and "re-doing" rooms, I love it and our house will never stop being tweaked. I am just so grateful Brent puts up with it! ha!
  • I'll never tell my kiddo's no to a snack. Unless I am putting dinner on the table I will almost always give in to snacks, sometimes I try to say no but if Luke wants something to eat I will give it to him.
  • I don't feel guilty for being a working mom. It used to really bother me that I worked, but knowing what I know now I am so thankful I went with it! Lucas is one of the most social kids I've ever seen and I attribute that to learning that other people love him too.
  • I will never enjoy drinking water. I hate drinking water, I know I need to drink more but some days it just doesn't happen.
  • I'll never enjoy reading kids books. I will play with Luke all day but once he asks me to read books I think "ah man!" I will always read him a few but it is not fun for me.
  • I'll never be worried about germs and dirt. Even when Luke was a baby I never feared the germ. I don't freak out when he touches things or eats something off the floor he gets a bath every night and is as healthy as a horse!
  • I don't think I will ever be truly ready for baby #2. Yes we will have more kids in God's timing but I think I will morn Luke not being the only one for a bit. I'm scared because I know what I'll be getting myself in to!
Ok now let's here yours!

No comments: