I know I'm a little late with this post but it's only the 10th so I think that's ok :)
I mentioned a few of my 'resolutions' last week but I want to go more into detail and I've added a few others.
These are in no particular order.
- A Facebook reprieve- I have done this before and it is always a welcomed break. It's no secret that I love Facebook, I love seeing all the kids, I love sharing pictures of Lucas, I love getting ideas and recipes but I just feel my heart sinking more times than not when I open my news feed. SO many friends of mine are pregnant and I want to be happy for them and most of them I am very happy for but it doesn't mask the sharp pain that comes with each ultrasound photo or complaint about morning sickness. I just can't take it right now, weather it be wrong or right I am just being honest.
2. Eating better- well of course this is one. ha! Since the beginning of the year I have been trying to get back on the wagon, I am slow at it that's for sure but all this week I have counted calories and have stayed at or under my recommended amount. I am feeling great! I have completely cut out pop and deserts and am making much healthier dinners, so far so good on this one :)
3. More exercise- well duh. This one is the hard one for me. I love to exercise and motivation isn't the problem for me it's time, I don't have enough hours in my day. I have done ok at this one this year but I still want to do better. I am loving the couch to 5k and wish I would get better about fitting this into my life!
4. Nail biting- I really really really want to learn to stop biting my nails! I have tried this goal countless times in my life and here I am 25 and still saying I want to quit biting my nails! It's truly in my genes ha! My mom bites hers and Lucas is biting his now! I just want to stop for cosmetic purposes :)
And so far so good on this! I got to file and put a clear coat on mine a few nights ago, that's huge if you know me!
5. Be more intentional with God- I want to bring it all to Him. I want to lean on him in my recent struggle. I want to search for answers though him and learn from him. This will be the hardest for me, which I find sad. I am not good at 'quiet time' I am worse with prayer. But I am finding out though this journey I can't be the woman I want to be without him. As much as I have questioned him with my miscarriages I know he is real and he is there and he loves me. I started a devotional book this week about a lady who went through miscarriages and it has been such a blessing to me. I want to read more about who He is and search out his path for me. Music will help me with this and I am also going to start writing in a journal I think that would be a tremendous help for me.
These 5 things won't make me perfect but they will make me better. I am so hopeful for this year and I am excited to see where it takes me but I also have a lot of work ahead.