Friday, August 19, 2011

Wednesday Night.

This week I started back in the Church nursery on Wednesday nights! I am so happy to get to do this and to spend time with the women in there, they are such godly examples for me. I have to say I was a little apprehensive about returning this year I was suffering from a case of mommy guilt. I am glad I am not the only one, this post let me know that.

You see before the summer "break" started when we (Lucas and I) would go the nursery on Wednesday evenings he was so unhappy, he didn't want to be without me, that was our time. I felt terrible thinking he has been is school all day and now I'm taking him to another school like setting where he is with other kids and "teachers" and not at home with mommy and daddy. I would hear him crying down the hall when I would leave him.

I got a letter from Tonia on Monday and had pretty much made up my mind that I was not going to serve this time around, I went to bed thinking I would get with Tonia and tell her my plans. Well Wednesday rolled around and I still hadn't got in touch with her so I started thinking about it again and I just had a push to just go! I know who it was from ;) I started telling myself it's only for an hour and half and Lucas may like it better since he will be in the preschool part with the "older" kids and they get to go outside and they do some coloring and craft type things.

So we went.

And Lucas had a great night as did I! I am so glad we went I just love seeing those babies and having the ladies to talk to and learn from. AND I feel so blessed that Lucas has somewhere to go and learn about Jesus and have friends who are in church and teachers that really care. I have wanted that for so long.


So thank you Tonia for the letter and serving ice cream and cobbler so Lucas would be excited and thank you nursery ladies for always making me feel so welcome and loved and a huge thank you to Him for not giving up on me once again.

I am so blessed.










1 comment:

Jessica S. said...

=') I'm so glad you went! and I'm so glad you and Lucas both had such a wonderful time!!